PURPLE ANGEL DEMENTIA AWARENESS PROGRAM
A growing number of businesses, organizations and public institutions are training their employees to offer hospitality and support to those with memory loss, cognitive decline, or other symptoms associated with a dementia. These establishments are identified by the Purple Angel decal displayed in the window. Those with a dementia and their care partners are welcome and will be supported at these locations. Please thank the establishments for displaying the Purple Angel. Encourage any agencies you know to become a Purple Angel trained establishment.
Over the years, many local businesses and organizations have become a part of this valuable program. Organizations as diverse as restaurants, realtors, school districts and even churches. For a listing of those regional businesses that have achieved Purple Angel designations, please visit this link.
HOW TO CREATE A DEMENTIA-FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
- Provide access to early and accurate diagnosis
- Deliver educational opportunities to reduce fear and stigma
- Spread hospitality to all with memory loss and to care partners
- Offer support and compassion for care partners
- Recognize dementia as a disability that can be accommodated with patience and kindness
- Include persons having a dementia and their care partners in planning, presenting, and evaluating programs
If you are interested in Purple Angel Awareness Training for your business or organization please contact Brianna Jenkins, Program Coordinator, at [email protected] or call 920 225-1711.