Through community outreach and education, Fox Valley Memory Project seeks to eliminate the fear and stigma associated with memory loss that creates barriers to fully participating in life. We emphasize engaging in the community and with others, remaining focused on what each individual with memory loss can do, rather than what they cannot do.
HOW TO CREATE A DEMENTIA-FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
- Provide access to early and accurate diagnosis
- Deliver educational opportunities to reduce fear and stigma
- Spread hospitality to all with memory loss and to care partners
- Offer support and compassion for care partners
- Recognize dementia as a disability that can be accommodated with patience and kindness
- Include persons having a dementia and their care partners in planning, presenting, and evaluating programs
Lean more about becoming a dementia-friendly business or organization by participating in Purple Angel.