Fox Valley Memory Project collaborates with other organizations to build communities that welcome, include, and support persons with dementia and those who care for them.
Fox Valley Memory Project works to create dementia-friendly communities where the fear and isolation often associated with dementia are eased by connecting people with one another and with resources to live well with dementia.
- Be creative: Provide access and engagement with the arts
- Be friendly: Promote friendship and social activities
- Be accommodating: Include all stages and types of dementia
- Be respectful: Provide stigma free, hospitable environments
- Be advocates: Offer leadership, education, and support through innovative solutions
- Be supportive: Support people with dementia and their families, along with the businesses that serve them, medical professionals who care for them, and workplaces that employ them
- Be inclusive: Include people with dementia and/or care partners in planning, promoting, and conducting programs and activities